CREATE TO DONATE YYC
(For kids and the kid at heart)
Final week of our contest has begun
Deadline May 31, 2020 at midnight!
For the final week of our Create to Donate contest, we have decided to open it up to all ages. So kids and kids-at-heart alike, impress us with your sidewalk art or inspirational message! The final week of our contest has now begun and the details are below! Tell your friends and family to check it out as well.
We started this contest as a way to give Calgarians a means of giving back while being stuck at home and maintaining physical distance. In weeks 1, 2 and 3 we received lots of great submissions from kids all around Calgary, including great thank you cards, acrostic poems, and recycled art. Winners have been notified and this page will be updated with their submissions. The Week 1 and 2 winners have received their prizes and we'll be visiting the week 3 winners soon!
Help us decide where to donate $25,000 to help communities cope with COVID-19 and win a Sonicare electric toothbrush!
Three winners will be selected for the final week. TREC will donate the winning prize amounts to the local charity of each winner's choice (See suggested charities) upon completion of the final weekly challenge.. A total of $25,000 will be eligible to be donated during this contest. In addition, each winner will also win a Sonicare electric toothbrush!
Week 4 Contest: May 11, 2020 - May 31, 2020
Week 1, 2 and 3 have ended. See bottom of page for winners!
Week 4 Contest
Chalk it up to Neighbourly Love
As the warm weather calls us outside, we want you to share inspiring messages to your neighbours!
1st Place - $5,000 to donate2nd Place - $3,000 to donate3rd Place - $2,000 to donate
- Grab your chalk or poster board and let your neighbours know we're in this together!
- Send a message of togetherness, thank your neighbourhood healthcare heroes, remind everyone to keep washing their hands or some other creative expression, drawing or message you want to send to the neighborhood and the city
- Take a photo with your masterpiece (and one without you in it) and post to our Facebook page @TRECDental or post on Instagram and tag us @trecdental. Make sure we receive your photo by following us (and let us follow you)! Don't forget to include the charity you'd like to support and #createtodonateyyc
- All submissions must be submitted by midnight Sunday, May 31st, 2020.
- Participants must submit their entries by posting a photo (or multiple) tagging and following us on Facebook or Instagram and include the charity they would like to donate to and their reasons in the caption of the post.
- • All submissions must be submitted by midnight Sunday, May 31st, 2020.
- • Participants must submit their entries by posting a photo (or multiple) tagging and following us on Facebook or Instagram and include the charity they would like to donate to and their reasons in the caption of the post.
- • Parental permission required for those under 18.
- • We'd love to see everyone's happy smiles, but photos do not need to include the artist's face to win.
- • Winners must choose a registered, Calgary based charity (not non-profit) organization, and are encouraged to choose one supporting COVID-19 initiatives in Alberta and Canada. Donations are at TREC Dental's discretion, and will be made only to like-minded organizations emphasizing respect for all.
- • By participating, you permit us to use submitted photos on our social media and website to share the love.
Here are a few local charities we like to support, winners are free to choose one of these or another registered, Calgary-area charity with like-minded values:
(winners choice subject to vetting by TREC Dental)
- • United Way Calgary and Area – COVID-19 Community Response Fund
(Matched by the Government of Alberta)
- • Calgary Food Bank
- • Brown Bagging for Calgary's Kids
- • Boys & Girls Clubs of Calgary
- • WINS (Women in Need Society)
- • Calgary Alzheimers Society
- • Calgary Health Trust
- • Wood's Homes